Admission procedure for BA LL.B.(Hons.) & B.Com LL.B. (Hons.) Academic Year 2015-16
- Please read and understand the instructions before you proceed for registration.
- It is mandatory to appear for CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2015 for admission to Institute of Law(ILNU), Nirma University.
- The candidate seeking admission to Institute of Law, Nirma University should adopt the following procedure.
- The applicant must apply online. For details, please visit www.nirmauni.ac.in/ilnu
- He/She must pay Rs.2000/- (For General Category) and Rs.3000 for (NRI/NRI sponsored/PIO/FN/CIWGC/SEA).
- He/She must submit application through online application form available on http://ezapp.ishinfo.com/ILNU/Register/Index.aspx
- A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary/Intermediate Examinations (10+2) or its equivalent examinations with not less than 50% aggregate marks.
- Age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years as on 1st July, 2015.
- The candidates exceeding the upper age limit as mentioned shall also be eligible to submit their application online w.e.f 21st of March, 2015 as per CLAT Notice for Upper Age Limit. The candidature of aforesaid candidates shall be subject to final decision of the appropriate court in this matter.
- Candidates are advised to visit the CLAT website regularly for further updates.
In view of the Bar Council of India, Legal Education Rules -2008, University Grants Commission Act and Regulations, decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the applicants who have obtained +2 higher secondary pass certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be onsidered as eligible for admission in the five year integrated programme. However, the applicants who have obtained 10+2 through open universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the integrated five year programme.
Admission shall be based on the inter se All India merit rank of CLAT 2015.
- The candidates are compulsorily required to appear in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2015
- Candidates are also required to fill in the application form of the Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) in addition to the CLAT 2015.
- Tuition FEE – Rs. 1,25,000/- per annum (inclusive of all except refundable deposits, University fees and student activity fees).
Mode of Application:
- There is only one mode of application, i.e., ONLINE. The online application is available on our website and the same can be accessed by a candidate by registering self by creating a LOGIN ACCOUNT. Only those candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria can apply as the software will automatically reject the ineligible application. Therefore, please read carefully the guidelines before filling-up the application.
- Online application form is available at www.nirmauni.ac.in/ILNU
- The online application will commence from 9th March, 2015 and the last date for submitting the duly filled-in Online application is 26th May 2015.
Mode of payment (Form Processing fee):
- Candidate applying under General category will have to remit Rs.2000/- through Online.
- The payment shall be remitted by Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Admission Prospectus can be downloaded from our website www.nirmauni.ac.in/ILNU
- Candidates who have applied, alongwith the prescribed fees, to the Institute (through Online) will get the Prospectus of the Institute by post.
Last date for Receiving Application Form
- Candidates can access and submit the application Online from 9th March 2015 to 26th May 2015.
- The Online application will effectively be closed by 12:00PM (Midnight) on 26th May 2015 and the Institute shall not be responsible for any delay/technical fault for filling up the Online form on the last day. Therefore, aspiring candidates are requested to fill-up the Online form well in advance to avoid last minute rush.
- No Online/Offline communication shall be entertained after closing the Online application (i.e., after 26th May 2015).
- After the declaration of merit lists per the scheduled Admission Calendar, the first 500 candidates in the merit list of the Institute of Law, Nirma University will be invited for First Counseling as per the final schedule of counseling as per the Admission Calendar.
- If the seats remain vacant after the first round of counseling, the next candidates in the merit list will be invited for the second round of counseling.
- Attending the counseling would not necessarily result in admission and the same shall be strictly subject to the availability of seats in the respective programme and verification of the documents pertaining to eligibilities.
- The candidates who remain present at counseling and not able to secure the admission during the counseling due to non availability of seat on the day of counseling will be put in the waiting list.
- The Invitation for the first round of Counseling will be available on our website along with the declaration of the merit list.
- The announcement for the second round of counseling shall be available on the website only if the seats are remain vacant after the first round of counseling.
- After declaring the result on 29th May 2015, the counseling is scheduled from 9th to 11th June 2015. The candidates invited for the respective counseling sessions will have to make necessary arrangements to report at the Institute on the day of counseling as per schedule.
- The parents of the candidates are expected to accompany them for counseling.
- However, in case of any genuine reasons, if parents or the candidates are not able to come personally, they may send their representative with an authority letter in which the preference to admission in the programmes [B.A., LL.B (Hons.)/Com. LL.B.(Hons.)] should be made clear and they should also bring the requisite original documents with attested copies and the draft of the prescribed fees to be submitted at the time of counseling.
- It shall be presumed that if the candidate [or representative] fails to remain present at the scheduled time of counseling with the requisite documents and the prescribed fees, he/she is relinquishing his/her right for admission at Institute of Law, Nirma University.
- The preference of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)/B.Com.,LL.B. (Hons.) Programme will be decided at the time of counseling based on the merit and availability of the seats in the respective programme.
Detailed procedure for completing admission formalities at the time of counseling
Qualified candidates are required to compulsorily bring the following originals documents and three sets of attested photocopies of the same, which are to be submitted at the time of counseling.
- School leaving certificate/Birth Certificate showing date of birth.
- Migration certification (if applicable).
- S.C. mark sheet.
- Marks sheet of the qualifying examination (10+2).
- Character certificate from the institution last attended.
- Three passport size
- CLAT1 Admit Card & Score Sheet.
- Application receipt (evidence) of payment of Rs. 2000/-
- Filled-in Registration Form (downloadable from the website)
- Filled-in Anti Ragging Affidavit, separately for student & parent (To be submitted to the Institute on the Rs.50/- non-judicial stamp paper (downloadable from the website)
The candidate who has passed the qualifying examination from any Board other than Gujarat State Secondary Education Board will be required to obtain eligibility certificate from Nirma University. The arrangement for obtaining the same will be made at the time of Admission on the spot payment of Rs.500/- (in cash only).
|Fee Structure of Five Year Integrated B.A., LL.B. (Hon.) and B.Com., LL.B. (Hons.) for the year 2015-16|
|2||Seminar, Orientation, Welcome kit||1,000.00||One time|
|3||Library Deposit (Refundable)||4,000.00||One time|
|4||Caution Money Deposit (Refundable)||1,000.00||One time|
|5||University Enrolment Fee (One Time)||400.00||One time|
|6||Semester End Exam, Mid Semester Exam, Initial Registration & Semester Grade Report||5,000.00||Yearly|
|7||Students Activity fees||5,000.00||Yearly|
Important Date (Tentative):
|06th March 2015||:||Publication of advertisement|
|09th March 2015||:||Commencement of accessibility/submission of ONLINE application forms|
|26th May 2015||:||Last date for submission of filled-up application forms|
- For all the students, it is compulsory to maintain minimum 85% attendance in all courses.
- Institute of Law has prescribed dress code to be worn 3 days a week and on all the events organized by the Institute.
- The University does not permit use of cell phones on campus.
- Ragging & Sexual Harrassment, in any form is prohibited and is also punishable by law. The format will be available in the website, and submit the filled in form to the Institute at the time of counseling.
- Your parents should impress on you their obligation in this regard before deciding to send you for admission to Institute of Law, Nirma University. The faculty would be doing their best to mould the career of every student in a manner that the University can justifiably be proud of. In this effort constant and continuing support of the parents is necessary.
- The University upholds integrity, character, discipline and academic excellence to which every student must contribute. Students are to observe and adhere to the rules and regulations of the University.